Monday, April 14, 2008

Response to: Words Under My Skin

I found this group project compelling because of the irony of having the anatomic metaphors loosely attached to their corresponding poems while the figure in the graphic is completely detached from his own skin. It seems to almost say that once someone has shed their outer shell they leave themselves immediately vulnerable and open to the world's judgement. I like how this piece portrays an expression of blatant honesty in spite of the potential dangers such honesty may incur. One minor issue I had was the difficulty in reading some of the poems due to a lack of stark contrast between the text and the background images. But I do like the fact that it is also a logistically simple yet eloquently assembled piece that reflects strongly the artists' intent. Overall I would consider this a well thought out project in that it evokes a substantial amount of reflection from its audience.

No comments: